Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Le Creuset, Ooh La La!

Le Creuset Signature Round Dutch Oven, 7 1/4-Qt., Ocean

Pete got me this lovely dutch oven for our 6th anniversary back in June. The sixth anniversary is Iron - we just started doing the traditional gifts last year; he got me a wooden vase with a pretty gerber daisy in it for our fifth anniversary. I have no idea what I got him. This year I gave him a T-shirt with the Tasty Table on it ('cause iron's an element, get it? I know, it was a bit of a stretch, but he loves the shirt so all is well).



June doesn't exactly scream 'dutch oven weather' so I've just now been using it. So far so good! I made cobbler with apples we picked at the orchard last weekend.



And Sunday I made the Italian Beef Stew from the Jan/Feb 2011 issue of Cooking Light. It was delish! My first time to let something simmer for 1hr, 45 min that wasn't in a Crock Pot.

Italian Beef Stew Recipe
pic from Cooking Light

In other news, Ellie celebrated the last day of summer by wearing her favorite pooch onesie and frilly skirt,



her daddy's birthday UK trousers finally arrived in the mail,



and on Saturday she attended her THIRD wedding!




1 comment:

Julie said...

Nice gift, Mr Crawford! Well done.