Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Best Week Ever!!!...and it's only Wednesday!

I knew I was in for a good week when Melanie arrived at the office Monday morning and wanted to know if I had time in the afternoon for a 'Beginning of Season Treat' -- that's right, not only do I get to work with one of the nicest, most talented people ever, but we have TREATS at the beginning of wedding season and at the end! So, most of my work day Monday was spent getting a f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c. pedicure next to my lovely employer!

Then, this afternoon, I found out I've been accepted into the Communication Disorders Program at UK! (Yes, I already have a bachelor's degree, I've been admitted as a Pre-Requisite Student, which means they allow me to take a year's worth of courses so that I will be able to apply to the graduate program.) If all goes well, I've got about 3 more years worth of school ahead of me to become a Speech-Language Pathologist! (the master's in teaching was sort-of a plan B if I didn't get into CD)

I haven't actually gotten the paperwork yet, but I called the Admissions Office this afternoon and the nice lady on the phone told me that the packets had been mailed out Monday and that she couldn't tell me anything.......except, "Congratulations!" Yippee! I started crying and thanked her for making my day.

FINALLY, I feel like I have some goals for myself.

4 comments:

the thorntons said...

Hey Laura, I've been reading your blog for the past 15 minutes and feel like I'm at least a little bit caught up on what's going on in your world! Congrats on getting accepted into the CD program!

Pocket said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!!! I'm so happy for you! And I'm jealous of your pedicure. Wish my employer would do that - too bad it's the government. Anyway, Congratulations!!

Tammy said...

Congratulations!! that is awsome Laura!!! Oh - and what a great job/boss to give such TREATS :) very cool stuff.

jenni said...

Ugh - i just wish ONCE - you would say that Melanie was grumpy or had a bad hair day.. or said something rotten about someone.. THAT would make my day... She's entirely TOO sweet. :D

YAY You and school.