Sunday, February 15, 2009

a fun (food) filled weekend

We had a nice, relaxing weekend at our house. We kind-of dropped the ball on planning for Valentine's Day, so we decided instead to go out on Friday night to one of our favorite restaurant's, Sal's.

Saturday morning Pete went for a long run (12 miles) while I stayed home and made flashcards (whoopee). I did a workout video while Pete went to the grocery store -- when he came home he had all the makings of a great dinner for two AND fresh flowers! We went to the co-op to get sushi for lunch, then drove around chevy chase looking at houses for sale. No, we're not house-hunting, but it never hurts to look, right? On the way home we stopped by Starbucks for some lattes.

I got back to the flashcards once we got home and Pete started on dinner. He slow-cooked a pork loin, roasted potatoes, and roasted asparagus --yum!



And then for dessert -- Pistachio cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory!!

We rounded out the evening by watching Sweet Home Alabama on t.v. -- we're serious movers and shakers, people.

Today was another great day around the house -- we went to Target, took the dogs to the dog park, watched West Wing dvds, Pete went for another run (while I made MORE flashcards) and then we got...wait for it...SONIC for dinner -- sin of sins, onion rings and hamburgers, but it was GOOD. :)

I have FINALLY finished my Language Development flashcards, so after this break I will start reviewing them...oh joy.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

sounds like an AWSOME 2 days :) I LOVE Sweet Home Alabama! Every time it's on - I must watch it - not sure why - an addiction I guess :) Today while Hank and Jacob napped, I watched 27 Dresses - definitely a chick-flick kinda weekend I guess. Sounds like Pete made an awsome meal - when can he come over and cook for us?

Pocket said...

you guys are the cutest. a day around the house sounds so nice.

Diana said...

sounds like fun..... we had a conference with our youth this weekend. I was in NC. All you do on those trips is eat junk food... I feel like a big french ry! Gross. Onmy way out the door for a run now. DON'T want to GO!!!!.. by the way.. we LOVE SALS- we should get together and go! And the dog park!