Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fun read!

My only class on Tuesday was canceled, which was good because I had a case study due in Aural Rehab on Friday that I hadn't started yet and I needed finish reading medical journals so I would have something to cite in my paper.....

Then the mail came and the book I ordered on Overstock arrived before its release date!!!


A Little Bit Wicked by Kristin Chenoweth is such a fun read!! I dove right in and had it halfway finished by Tuesday night. I put the case study off as long as possible, but did have to get that done, so I finished the book yesterday when I got home from work. It's full of stories starting from her childhood and finishing sometime last year when the book went to the publisher. I laughed out loud on several occasions, in reaction to sections such as:

Let me just say right now and for the record that I, Kristi Dawn Chenoweth, do solemnly swear that I will never hack through a Kevlar door and stab a pilot in the neck with my tweezers. I will never seek, nor have I ever sought, to overthrow the government of the United States of America by force of tweezer. Anyone who knew me back in the eighties can tell you, I am far more dangerous without my tweezers. Jimmy Kimmel once whipped out a photo of me from my pageant days, and I thought those eyebrows were going to leap right off the matte finish like a couple of centipedes. I had a whole lotta Brooke Shields going on, except Brooke somehow manages to carry it off, all of which is to say I need my dang tweezers.

(Rachael, I'm going to loan this to you the next time I see you because I think you'd love it, then maybe you can pass it on to Emily)

So... I recommend this to anyone who needs a quick (almost) summer read...especially if you like musicals because then you'll get all the song references, but even if you don't, it's still pretty darn funny.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: