Saturday, April 28, 2007

Internet Returns!!

Well, we've been without internet for three long days, but the cable guys finally fixed it this afternoon so I'm able to post about the many goings on at Camp Crawford in the past few days. I am still getting over strep throat, but thanks to penicillin I'm feeling better and if I drink enough Throat Coat during the day, I can sing pretty well at the show each night. I'm not going to post any show pictures until at least tomorrow because I haven't gotten enough good ones. So I'll write about the show when I post the pictures.

Right now, I just want to thank mom and dad for coming to Lexington and spending the day with me and Pete! We had a great afternoon --went to Wallace Station in Woodford County for lunch before heading out to Keeneland for a day at the race track. It was raining when we got there and looking like we were going to have a pretty miserable afternoon, but the skies cleared up and we were able to enjoy a few sunny moments! We also had quite a winning streak going, which always makes for a more enjoyable time. Dad cleared the most profit with $27 dollars on a $2 bet for Rogue Scholar to win.

I think mom had the most fun seeing the horses, she is, after all, still a kid at heart.

Mom and Dad in their matching Keeneland shirts.

.Mom watching the horses load, waiting for the race to begin.

And they're off!

After Keeneland, we went home and I took a nap before heading to the Opera house for the show. I had to be there at six, the curtain wasn't until eight. Mom, Dad, Pete, and five of our friends all came to opening night --thanks again guys! I think they had a good time, it's definitely a lively show from a visual aspect, and who doesn't love Gershwin? I don't have any pictures of me with my folks after show, but I'm sure if we beg/overflow his inbox with emails, he will send me one from his camera and I'll post it. After the show we came home and chatted for a bit before heading to bed. We were in for an early morning as mom and dad needed to to be dropped off at the airport at 6:30. But it was great to have them here, even for a short amount of time!

1 comment:

My kid is cute said...

Can't wait to see pics from the show! Hope you feel better soon. I can't imagine trying to perform with strep, but shoot, after you put all that work in, you don't want to miss the gig!