Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'm no Seth Meyers...

but here's our Weekend Update!

Saturday was Rachael's Surprise birthday thing over at Harry's. I think she new something was up when Sylvain was being so vague about their plans after dinner, but she wasn't expecting a whole table of her friends waiting with drinks and dessert!


Sylvain gets extra hubby points for pulling the whole thing off - you can check out her blog for the story of her whole birthday weekend getaway!

Sunday afternoon we went to see Harry Potter 7 part Deux!!! That's right - we both went. Together. Alone. I'll let that sink in.

Ellie's Aunt Audrey and Uncle Andrew were kind enough to drive in from Louisville so we could go see the movie. It was the first time Pete and I have been out together without Ellie since she was born. I'm so glad Aud and Andrew wanted to come because I would have had trouble leaving Ellie with just a babysitter, I think. We knew that they would take perfect care of Ellie because they love her!
As far as the movie goes...
I LOVED IT!! (spoiler alert) Maybe it's because I am a mom now, but in the flashback part where Harry's mom is talking to him in the crib telling him how much is mommy and daddy love him - I cried and cried. And when the professors are showing all of their magic skills to protect Hogwarts - I cried from excitement. And at the end when it was all over - I cried. It was a really good movie and Pete and I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to watch it again when it comes out on DVD.

Then on Monday, when Ellie and I returned from mom and baby Pilates, Grandpa Crawford had arrived! Pete's dad is visiting us for just a couple of days to spend some time with Ellie.

They've been reading books and singing songs - when I was getting the laundry I'm pretty sure I heard him playing the piano with her!

"The Belly Button Book" cracked him up!!

This morning they read another favorite, "Hey Wake Up!"

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

oh how fun! ellie and gramps look like they're having a great time! i love all the expressions she's making in all the pictures, can't wait to see them in person soon!