Saturday, September 04, 2010

Next Saturday

...will be our second Light the Night walk for Leukemia and Lymphoma. It falls on the 2nd anniversary of the death of my mother from this disease. I can't believe it's only been two years, it seems like she's been gone forever. But I know that she would be proud of me and Pete and the way we have lived our lives in her absence. I hope she would be happy that I am almost finished with my master's program in school, but know she would rather be helping me pick out granite and backsplash tiles for our kitchen renovation. :)

http://etools.lightthenight.org/mission360assets/default/fundraising/docs/LTN_Web_2C_lores.jpg

Last year I formed a team for the walk, but this year I'm just encouraging everyone to register for the walk closest to them, or to come join us on the 11th at the courthouse!

2 comments:

Pocket said...

Your Mom would be so proud! We love you!!

Jennifer said...

I'm registered! I thought this walk was so special last year, I loved the lit up balloons. See you Saturday!