Sunday, August 25, 2013

Birthday Weekend. (Mine.)

Last Saturday, I turned thirty-three.  We had a pretty low-key day, just spent it together as a family.  Typical Saturday morning:  trip to the farmer's market, a walk by Sunrise Bakery, plus a birthday caramel macchiato on the way home.

Neither Pete nor I really remember what we did in the afternoon before lunch, it was a cool day, so we think we just played with Ellie in the backyard.  :-)

For lunch we swung by the Woodland Art Fair to pick up some Athenian Grill lamb gyros and lemonade - they did not disappoint!

After lunch and Ellie's nap, it was time for to open my presents!!  Ellie and Pete had made me a wonderful homemade card, and Pete got me a pretty new sweater to wear after the baby comes and a new planner.

We went out to dinner at Bonefish, then came home for my favorite cake - Martine's pistachio with buttercream frosting.





A kiss for Baby Sister.
Thirty-three started out pretty well - a day with the fam is a great day in my book - and it is sure to bring many more adventures (in as little as two weeks)!!

No comments: