Monday, July 02, 2012

14 months

I'm not feeling super narrative this month.  I'm not sure if I'll keep doing these monthly updates now that Ellie is over one year old.  I guess I do them mostly as an on-line baby book, something for me to be able to look back on, but now her changes are not as huge.  They seem big to me and Pete, but it is hard to describe them.  Her walking has improved to the point that she can now jog a little bit if she's excited.  Her speech has grown tremendously, but that's in the sense that she babbles in jargon with adult inflection, she doesn't have a ton of words.  Here's the list of things I recorded for her 14th month.

5.27.12 dropped ellie off in the church nursery for the first time, when we came back she jumped up and said "Da-da!"
6.13.12 'sang' along with ABCs and did hand motions to 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' while riding in car
6.18.12 pointed to head, nose, feet, ears when asked "where's your….?"
6.23.12 repeated bye-bye with a wave, said chair, beach

-Climbing on everything!  Up on coffee tables, on and off the round and round chair
-Started using sign for all done
-words:  cheese, dog, dada, shoes, chair, beach, baby, Jack, T, TC (all repetitions - and approximations)
-Sits on her bottom when told to (for snack)






No comments: