Saturday, May 25, 2013

24 months.


Our Eleanor turned 25-months old today, so I told myself it really was time to sit down and write this post.  I took the pictures right on her second birthday, I've just been ruminating over this particular entry: what to write about, how to describe our girl, etc.  I think this will be the last one of my monthly progress posts, so I wanted it to be a good one.




At her 24-month appointment, Ellie weighed 27.6 lbs (62%) and was 34 1/4" tall (75%).  Long and lean like her Daddy.

Photo by laura81780

Her favorite things are as follows (but can change as quickly as Kentucky weather):
-color: Daddy orange and purple
-foods: kiwi, yogurt, pasta, avocado, strawberries, olives, raisins, cheese, and pretzels
-books: Arlo Needs Glasses, Dear Zoo, But Not the Hippopotamus, My Very Own Name
-songs: Where is Thumbkin?, Baby Bumblebee, If all the Raindrops, I'm a Little Teapot, Rock-a-Bye-(insert Coon, Cici, or Ellie here)
 -activities: playing at the park with friends (especially on the red slides), wagon rides, having a tea party, and baking cookies in her kitchen

Our big girl has had several cute songs/recitations caught on video in her 23rd and 24th months.  She loves to sing and dance and count and tell all about what she sees in her environment, right until she sees the video camera or phone.  These are from before her second birthday, but Pete got some really great ones this evening that I'm sure I will be sharing soon.
Sorting and naming her colors.




Ellie is full of spunk and loves to be active all day.  Her knees are usually scraped and her calves are covered in bruises.  It is amazing to watch her grow and change even though I get sad that my baby is fading.  I love it when her daddy makes her giggle and nothing beats the look on her face when I pick her up from day care.  Ellie-Mousser, you are my very best girl!!  I love you so much.


No comments: