Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hello 3rd Trimester!

Here I am at the beginning of my third trimester - I can't believe it's here already!
I had my glucose test today to screen for gestational diabetes (and yes, that stuff really DOES taste as bad as everyone says - thought I was going to throw up) - if I failed, I'll get a phone call tomorrow scheduling me to come in for ANOTHER test to further determine if I have it. So, fingers crossed my phone doesn't ring tomorrow!! But in case it does - we're eating chocolate chip cookies tonight!!

Pete was able to come to today's appointment so we went over to the women's hospital afterwards to check out the facility. We figured today would be a better time to figure out exactly where we're supposed to go rather than when I'm in labor. It's a brand-new building and seems really nice. I got a little overwhelmed/teary-eyed when we walked by the nursery and they were bringing a minutes-old wee one in to have its first bath(!) but otherwise it seems like a standard place - just a little more modern with nice amounts of privacy and space for new families.

Otherwise, I'm doing really well - haven't gained too much weight, my blood pressure is nice and low, and I'm not having huge aches and pains. I love, love, love my prenatal yoga class and think it helps quite a bit with both my physical and mental well-being. In four weeks we start childbirth class at the same place where I take yoga and I'm really looking forward to it.

Sorry it has been so long since I've updated - I've been busy at my new rotation - which is fantastic and I love it AND I got a new computer.....we made the switch to mac!!

My dell - which is about 4 - 4 1/2 years old has been going 'blue screen' every few weeks and is slower than molasses. Pete and I have looked at a few macs now that we have an apple store in the mall and with my comps presentation in March we really didn't want the dell to crash completely while I was halfway through writing up my research and powerpoint presentation. So on Saturday we went back to the Apple store and got a MacBook Pro!! So far I LOVE IT!! It's really fast and lightweight, and is totally user-friendly and easy to figure out. iPhoto is great for uploading and organizing pictures!

Yesterday our dresser/changing table was delivered and I've ordered a crib bumper, so hopefully I'll have more nursery pictures to post soon. That's it for now - the cookies are getting cold, I've got to go!!

UPDATE: no phone call today - so I should be good to go!! NO GESTATIONAL DIABETES - YAY!!

4 comments:

Pocket said...

You look GREAT! Hope your phone doesn't ring today, but if it does, you can call me!

Jennifer said...

Yay! An update! You do look great and I can't wait to see the new items in the nursery.

Chelsea said...

The glucose test was horrible wasn't it!? It tasted like thick, superduper sweet sprite, I thought. I felt nauseous after eating that much sugar!

Anonymous said...

love-love-love these updates!! xoxo -melanie-