Sunday, May 13, 2012

12 months

It has taken me a few weeks to come around to writing this post.  I have had to mentally adjust to having an almost toddler versus a baby.  She's still a baby to me, and she'll always be our Baby Girl, but I know that she is now a one-year-old and her infant days are far behind us.  These past two-and-a-half weeks I've been realizing what fun it is to spend my days with such a smart, funny, opinionated, optimistic, cheerful girl and not waste my time waxing nostalgic about when she was itty-bitty.  Here are Ellie's stats from her 12-month well-check on April 30th:  height: 30 1/4 " (82%) weight: 20lbs (31%)



In her twelfth month, Ellie....

- visited the tulips


- took swim lessons


- grew her 8th tooth - her final incisor (top left lateral).  Since then she's gotten two more!! (but I suppose that is information for her 13-month-post)
- really started harassing the dog.  Fiona brings Ellie such joy, she shrieks with delight whenever they are in the same room.  Fiona has also learned jump up and run away when Ellie approaches.



-stood on her own!!  The first time it happened Pete and I were both standing in the hall while Ellie held on to the gate at the bottom of the stairs.  She then was holding on to Pete's leg, then suddenly, she wasn't!  It took a few days before I could catch her doing it with the camera, but it finally happened on April 17th.

 
 
-had her first bubble bath.  It did not go well.  She was upset that the bubbles covered all of her toys and was generally afraid of them.  So we scooped them out and have gone back to plain water baths.
-got her 2nd ear infection.  She suddenly stopped nursing, which was how I knew her ear was infected, and hasn't nursed since.  :(  But I had enough frozen and pumped enough that she still drank exclusive breast milk until a week after her first birthday, so I can be proud of that.
-named her lovey.  Ellie has slept with Zebra since she was four/five months old.  One afternoon I got her up from nap and asked her something about Zebra and she said, "CiCi!"


We're really excited about this next year - we know she will grow and change in so many ways - and we can't wait to be a part of it!

1 comment:

Pocket said...

Ack! She's standing up?! What a big girl. Time to get a job.

Such sweet pictures. You won't believe me when I tell you this, but the second year is even better than the first ;)