Sunday, November 29, 2009

only missed it by a few days!!

but alas, I did not blog yesterday, so I am not a NaBloPoMo success. However, I'll do two today to make up for it!

Yesterday was a travel day for us. We woke up in Reading, drove to Philadelphia, flew to Louisville, and then drove to Lexington. But before we came home, we went to Pete's 10th high school reunion! We actually had all afternoon in the 'ville as our flight landed just after noon but that was a good thing because I needed to shop for an outfit to wear to the reunion and a cocktail dress to wear to the Snow Ball this Friday in Cincinnati. So we got lunch at Whole Foods then headed over to Mall St. Matthews to get some new frocks. Lucky for us Pete's sister lives in Louisville so we headed over to her house after that to relax. We actually got to her house about two hours before she did but that was fine by me -- I needed a nap! (and, of course, Pete needed a run)

Here we are, all dressed up:

It was nice to meet some of Pete's high school friends -- I already know most of them since we're only in Lexington, but it was good to see some new faces. Most of us ended up in the hotel bar to watch the end of the Kentucky/Tenessee game (sniff). After that we went back to the ballroom, said goodbye to a few people, and headed home.

1 comment:

Pocket said...

Well, don't you two look dandy! Sorry we missed you yesterday. I dropped the NaBloPoMo ball too, and I don't feel bad about it one little bit! Have a great week!